MODES STICKING

I've got a problem with XyWrite and Hotline, a phone-directory/
dialer pop-up program. It used to work fine before I got a color monitor, but
now, here's what happens. With Hotline installed, whenever I use it in XyWrite
or quit XyWrite and use it, I get blue underlines all over the Hotline
directory. A Xy technician told me to write a batch file using "mode co80",
which I did, and that works if I exit to DOS, type "M", then return to XyWrite
and call up Hotline, or use the batch file from the DOS prompt after quitting
XYWrite. I would rather not have to remember this extra step. Is there a way
to get XyWrite or DOS to issue the command automatically upon loading or
quitting, without messing things up? I also use Windows 3, but not with
XyWrite until I get my Windows-fix upgrade. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!!
Charlotte Pierce