Re: DST (was Minimal XYWRITE & DOS Virtualization)

Carl Distefano wrote:

Incidentally, if HOLIDAYS does NOT report that U.S.
Daylight Saving Time begins tomorrow, you are long overdue for a U2
upgrade. I updated this routine in 2005, right after the DST
legislation passed. Get yourself over to The Page -- and don't
forget to change your clocks tonight. Mini-Y2K, ha ha! (as
Longfellow didn't say).
Yes, indeed. Including your PC's clock. I wasn't going to trot this
out, but ...
1) If one is running an older version of Windows (pre-XP SP2), M$ says
you either have to edit the registry or be left in the lurch. But a
simple fix exists: Start->Settings->Control Panel->Date/Time (or Date
& Time), adjust the clock, and then uncheck "Automatically adjust
clock for daylight saving changes." Then do it again in November. No
big deal. (Well, if you're supporting 20 PCs, you might want to try
the Registry editing routine M$ posts on its site.)
2) In XP, if you don't trust M$ patches, you can do this too, but I
was surprised when I was looking at the XP Date & Time tabs to see an
automatic synchronization tab. Why wouldn't that take care of the
whole thing?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx