Re: XyWrite's future - NB 10 or something different?

Harry,

Win7 32 bit is maybe the solution for Xy3 and Xy4, but not for NB3,
which has some intractable screen-related issues. Actually, I have been
experimenting to run NB3 under VBox W2K, but so far I have not managed
to work out a suitable setup all things considered. Lately I have
transferred some Win 3.1 programs to W2K with success (Quark 3.3.2,
though it works with TrueType only, and Ventura 4.2), these really
shine, and are very usable. This simple rule of thumb seems hold its
own: you can transfer programs to the next platform, but no further. So,
DOS programs run well under Win 3.1, Win 16-bit programs run under
32-bit, and Win 32-bit programs run under Win 64-bit, but stretching
this further will be troublesome.

As things stand, our future is indeed sealed.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx