Re: Proportional font in XY-Win

As my first try in Xy4 programming, i was trying to implement a delete
program similar to the old Wang/Multimate wp's by allowing the program
to, in this case, to take a character that was typed and search upto and
including that character. If the user typed another character, in this
case `, the program would delete the block of text selected so far. If
the user typed another character, in this case ^, the entire selection
and deletion is aborted. For any other alphanumeric character, it shold
continue to seach forward, selecting text as it goes.

I'm having some problems with my program, which is as follows:

when i take out the $S, which are used for Stack i think, it seems to
work ok. Will i mess up something in stack if i do this?

Also, how could i get it to only check for alphanumeric characters,
searching for them, and disregarding cursor movement, etc. Are cursor
movements and fucntions some value above or below the alphanumeric set?
i.e. < 'a" or > 'z'

Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated. Should i do something
different when using Stack and or the XYWeb utilities?

Thanks for any help!!

Russ