Re: Testing printing with vDosXy 500

Hello Jordan,

While the Xy3 print files try to give you an illusion of scalable fonts,
it is not really the case. You are restricted to the discrete font sizes
supported by the print file (6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30 points). As
Xy3+ print files have serious limitations as to the number of font
definitions that can be included, we are more or less stuck with this. I
think these sizes cover most needs. Bold Underlines should work for all
the font sizes above.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

Hi Kari, Another thing that has been turning up in my printing tests is what seems to be a dubious fidelity to expected font results.  "17 point size" fonts I am selecting should be quite discernibly larger, but are looking more like 10 point to me.  This was with Xy-3.  (On account of the Speedo fonts presence, I should see whether this differs in the case of vDos with Xy-4.)  Some other things are more as expected, though I note that availability of options like underline, Bold Underline, etc. varies, depending on the particular font PT.   Jordan