Re: Re LFN Utilities for Win32

Patricia Godfrey wrote:

> Robert has already given us a marvelous tool (for which three cheers and
> a tiger!), and shouldn't have to bother with such arcane and recondite
> minutiae.

Indeed, indeed. No bone to pick there, not from me. My comments were in
no way directed at his utility, which I have no right to comment upon. I
was just intrigued by the question of accented characters as something out
of the ordinary in filenames; I'd never given any thought to them.
According to Robert, I've been operating outside the law ("ILLEGAL") for
over a decade now, as I created these files (all in 8.3 format) in XY 3.56
under MS DOS 3.3 and continue to use them under DOS 5.0 with no apparent
resistance. I can't say I feel guilty.

By the way, is the phrase you're looking for, Patricia, "jeu d'esprit"?
As it happens, no accents there.

Carlo