Re: This Week's ?S

Jordan, the KS (Keyboard Speed) default found on page 26 of the Customization
Guide provides the range of acceptable values for controlling the repeat rate
and lag time. I cannot provide you with a value which will correspond to that
of III+. I can only suggest that based on the documentation provided, you can
adjust the 1st and/or 2nd values of this default until it approaches the
performance of III+. The range of values is not very wide.

XyWrite 4 allows you to load a III+ printer driver (although you must add a
couple of defaults which I'll provide) and supports the printer (PT) Tables
found in those files. One ramification of loading III+ files is the loss of
graphic capability. If you decide to use the III+ file, you must enter two
defaults into the file. First, in the file, just before the Font definitions,
add on a line by itself:

SZ=12

Then, search for "MU=" (this is near the bottom of the file). On a line by
itself, enter:

PU=x,y

..where "x" is 10 times the value of the "MU" value, and "y" is 6
times the
value of the "VU" value (found in the Vertical Spacing Table earlier in the
file). Refer to page 174 of the Customization Guide for details.

SysOp