Re: Windows NT (removing Internet Explorer)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Holmgren"
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: Windows NT (removing Internet Explorer)

> Under NT, I "Moved" the whole folder to
> a drive that contains nothing but a scratch file (my OS/2 SWAPPER.DAT
file), then
> I formatted the drive (OS/2 recreates the swapfile from scratch every
session,
> so nothing lost there). Bye bye IE.

That seems terribly final, but I doubt it removes all the hooks to IE left
in your
registry. Look into 98lite as a better tool for decoupling Windows and IE.

But to play devil's advocate, the "contest" between IE and Netscape may well
be over by now. I'm seeing steady increases in the number of websites that
suggest (or even require) IE for proper viewing, and encountering more and
more sites which apparantly cause my system to lock up when using Netscape.
I don't particularly like the Microsoft browser, but I've gotten very tired
of
rebooting my computer every hour or so.