Re: Speed?

Harmon Seaver wrote:

> I'm certain there is a better solution than that. The general
> slowness and clumsyness of windoz is far worse than that
little bug. > Not to mention all the lost time (and lost data)
everytime you have a > GPF shutdown.

I haven't found XyWin particularly slow on my 486SX with 8 mb of
memory. I use the command line the way I always did in Xywrite
and don't experience any loss of utility. And, by using Autosav
and a little care, I can usually recover from a GPF shutdown
without too much trouble. Those things are annoyances more than
obstacles. The advantages of being able to use the Windows
clipboard to transport data in and out of the program make up
for the annoyances -- most of which are endemic to Windows, not
XyWin.

But that still doesn't resolve the problem of the slowdown in
typing in ver. 4. All I really intended to do was second, for
the benefit of TTG's tech people, your complaint. It is real.

Richard A. Sherer