Re: Xy4 - OS options

Slick! Hats off to you, Paul, your version of xytonix.sh is not only
more elegant, it eliminates the Thunderbird problem completely.
As of a couple weeks ago, I'm on 10.04 on both machines -- I had stayed
on 9.10 on the netbook out of some forgotten (and probably phantom)
anxiety about a broken utility, but now I have to admit I'm quite
content with it. Come to think of it, I think the main reason I finally
upgraded -- I tend to stay far from the bleeding edge -- was problems I
was having consistently with Remastersys.
Since I will confess to very mild concerns about the future of Ubuntu --
I've seen the disaffection with what some see as Mark Shuttleworth's
willful behavior, even before the move to Unity -- I have a more than
passing interest in how you multi-boot the distros. It took me a couple
of years to realize what I guess you did early on -- to keep a separate
partition for data, apart from home/[user] -- I wonder, if you multiboot
two or three distros on the same 'pute, do they all share that data
partition, which in my case is /usr/local/data?

-Rafe