Many windows

I have an application that uses at least 5 windows, perhaps more, at one
time. It involves comparing two editions of, say, a Virginia Woolf novel
for slight editorial differences (in this case, between the English and the
American editions). With a window for each edition that makes 2. But since
I have to massage the two editions to make them compare without stopping at
trivial points, I like to keep an un-massaged version of each edition in
their own windows; that makes 4. Then there are the macros I use to make
the comparison: since I have trouble remembering them all it is convenient
to have them displayed (DIRL *.PGM) in another window. That's 5. It seems
to me I used more at one time, but I can't remember when.

If I wanted more than 9, as Sherry suggests, I think I would launch two
MS-DOS sessions in Windows (almost the only virtue of Windows that I have
discovered). Then I could flip back & forth between DOS sessions and have a
total of 18 windows. Whether I could keep them straight in my mind is
another matter!

Cheers,

Phil Smith