Re: Re[2]: More about Converting...

At 10:16 AM 4/20/99 -0500, JIM EBERLE wrote:
>Regarding Tim's In.pgm program to convert files into XyWrite, it works
with Word
>documents using W4W49f.exe -- text and control codes are preserved. But
the test
>documents I've done are triangle city. Am I doing something wrong? Going the
>other way -- from XyWrite to Word works beautifully.
>Jim Eberle

I am afraid you can not avoid that. XY documents are clean -- they contain
only the minimum formatting necessary. Word documents are full of repetitive
code; you can not seriously expect a software to understand and interpret
all that garbage properly -- not until AI comes to age.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "It is astonishing that those who spent decades recounting the
-- 'lessons of Vietnam' have themselves failed to heed those lessons."
-- J.Schlesinger         "I didn't inhale." B.Clinton