RE: keyboard connection adapters

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:03:37 -0800 (PST), Daniel Say wrote:
.....[after quoting Peter Evans on PS/2 <--> old-style keyboard connectors]

>	And go out now and try to find nice keyboards, usually used,
>	that have the same feel and keys (hwere's "~", "/", "\" etc?)
>	because they are increasingly Windows 104 keyboards
>	with too-soft touch.

  Surplus dealers still have the old (non-Windoze) style. For example,
I paid $19.95 last summer for a 101-key "Leading Edge" keyboard, with a
rt-angle DIN connector, at Electronic Planet. I went back just before
Christmas for another, and they still had at least a dozen more.
 ["Electronic Planet", is based in Manchester NH; I got my keyboards at
their hole-in-the-wall branch store in Woburn, MA.]
 Surplus Direct (now a division of Egghead) would be another likely
ppssibility - they din;t happen to have 101-key units last I looked, but
by the nature of the surplus business, it can be worthwhile to check
periodically.

>	There is the rather wonderful spacesaving vertical
>	Dexton keyboard.

 ??? Tell us more?
 Irv Thomae
 up in Norwich, VT