Re: ntfs, fat32, partitioning

Brian Henderson wrote:
Tweakui (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) One of the things that you can do with this tiny app is change where the OS considers the "Program Files" folder to be. Making the change won't effect anything already installed in the original place. Tweakui just tells the registry there's a new default folder. Then everything will be channeled there afterwards.
Very interesting. I use the W98 versions for several things (e.g., automatic logon on PCs that no one but me ever uses), but I don't think moving Program Files is covered. Moving My Documents is, but it just duplicates the folder: there's a My Documents on E:\, but so is there one on C: And anyway, having My Documents just adds another layer to my data drive (which gets nested 5 and 6 deep in some cases). Who needs it? -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx