Re: XML/SGML

That's what portability is all about. Of course, you have to be careful that the other machine has the same fonts installed, or XyWrite may complain.
Indeed, that is one of the most irritating oversights in XyWrite -- the
level of complaint when a font in a style is not present. But, in fairness,
nobody could conceive of the present day font explosion when XyWrite was
being actively programmed. One wishes there would be a warning, of course,
just a little less unpleasant than what XyWrite does now. It should print,
after all, just with a different font.
I think there's a lot you can do with XyWrite styles that hasn't been explored fully by most people (including me) and was never really documented adequately.
Sure -- especially putting repetitive text into styles -- was that ever
considered entirely legit?