Re: Re trying to install xy4

Reply to note from "andy turnbull"  Mon, 21 Jan
2008 16:02:15 -0500

> People tell me that xy4 is better than iiia, so I'm trying to
> install it. (I bought it when it was current, but didn't like
> it at first.)

When you're done installing, be sure to upgrade EDITOR.EXE to v4.018
(http://www.xywrite.com/ttg/y2k/y2k.htm). There is absolutely NO
reason to run any earlier version (and plenty of reasons not to --
lots of fixes and improvements, large and small, were added over the
years). You should also update XY4.DLG (there is a link on XyWWWeb)
-- if you load the menus, that is. They are optional (but worth a
look, at least initially, IMO). Your Xy3 KBD file should work
pretty much as-is, but it's worth taking the trouble to edit it so
as to take advantage of Xy4's "Blind Execute" method of issuing
commands. Change all BC...XC pairs to BX...Q2, and omit any
superfluous BC,GT combos. For example, BC,s,a,XC,BC,GT becomes,
simply, BX,s,a,Q2.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx