Floppy disc images

Since we’re on the subject of running XyWrite on a Mac or in a Windows or DOS emulator, perhaps someone can help me with this: If I have a set of DOS-disk images for a program I want to install, but I don’t have an installed copy of the program, how should I proceed? I can extract the installer program and run it, but typically it soon say something like “Insert Disc #2". Is there a way of tricking the installer into accepting a disk image or a directory as “Disc #2”?

Myron