Re: Paste into XyDOS from clipboard?

Carl, having begun to salivate, I just phoned IBM
(1-888-SHOPIBM) trying to order Rexx for $49. Man said $300
something!

Part no. 0791028. ver. 2.1 Object Rexx for windows.

Inflation?

Steve

--- Carl Distefano  wrote:

> [...]
> clipboard
> > >without having to use alt+enter to switch to windows mode,
> then use
> > >a mouse on the XyWrite Icon. I'd love to be able to do it
> with a
> > >keystroke.
>
> The Jumbo U2 supports bi-directional cutting and pasting
> between a full-
> screen Xy4 DOS session and the Windows clipboard. It works
> very well.
> You have to install our new cross-platform XyShell
> (technically still
> beta, but in fact very close to gold code) which, in turn,
> requires that
> you purchase and install IBM Rexx for Windows (cost: US$49).
> There's a
> one-time setup. When you're done, you get not only clipboard
> access,
> but a whole slew of capabilities that, until now, were only
> available to
> users running Xy under OS/2.
>
> The instructions are in Robert Holmgren's message of last
> January, which
> appears below. Be warned, however, that Robert's current
> availability
> for user support is non-existent -- absolute zero. He won't
> resurface
> here until sometime in the Fall. My availability is limited,
> as I'm
> leaving for the mountains in a few days. More important, I
> don't, at
> the moment, have access to a Windows machine on which I can
> re-install
> Rexx for Windows, so I'd be hard pressed to "walk you through"
> the
> instructions if you get stuck. So you're on your own, at
> least for now.
> If you're comfortable installing new software, you should be
> OK.
>
> -----
> Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:35:47 -0500
> Subject: Re: Hallucination or possibility? (XyShell)
>
> ** Reply to note from Peter Brown  on Tue, 30
> Jan
> 2001 17:34:49 -0500
>
> > Robert Holmgren writes:
>
> >>Frankly, my only hesitation about releasing XyShell is utter
> dread
> of
> >>having to support it! Also, users must install IBM Rexx
> (free under
> >>OS/2 and Linux, but US$49 under Windows).
>
> > So Robert, why not release a beta to some of us on this
> list?
>
> Well... OK. What the heck.
>
> 1) Install U2 v105 [or later; the current version is 108]
> 2) Grab http://holmgren.home.acedsl.com/NEWSHELL.ZIP
> UnZIP it into an EMPTY(!) temporary directory. View
> README.WIN (in
> the .\DOCS subdirectory) with XyWrite for detailed XyShell
> installation instructions. NEWSHELL also contains greatly
> improved
> code for OS/2 (the first ground-up revision in four years).

bin/ncommerce/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=1825312&cntrfnbr=1&cgmenbr=1&cntry
> =840&lang=en_US
> Then upgrade to the latest version of IBM Rexx for Windows at:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/ps/products/ad/obj-xx/ori1030u.exe