NEW TTG BBS

Jeff,

FWIW, please pass this new info along to the techies. I played with most of the
relevant parameters and finally was able to log on to the new
BBS.

For other 14000 v42bis systems I have no problem using hardware flow control
and setting my serial port rate to 38800. With those settings I connect to the
TTG BBS, but the screen freezes. I found that if I set the serial port rate all
the way down to 9600 baud, I could indeed log on. Of course, the connection is
at 9600 baud. With those settings, data compression is not really worth much.

All this indeed suggests a flow control mismatch, I wonder if it can be fixed.
I am using Wincomm Pro 1.0b, if that matters.

Please let me know what the techies say. When it comes time to download files,
the faster connect and port rates will save a lot of long distance time.

Regards,

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947