Re: Off Topic: ThinkPad Recommendations

Lisa Kleinholz wrote:

> Jordan & Robert,
> Thanks for recommending the Thinkpad. Just received my T40. XY4Dos
> loaded & working without difficulty ... so far. Except possibly with
> using Trackpad, which may simply be my inexperience.
>
> Have not yet experienced problems in window that have driven others to
> Tame.
>
> --- "J. R. Fox"  wrote:
> > > I've used a T23 for two years -- my primary travel machine

Nope, that's R.H., not me. I have only owned one laptop -- a Toshiba
T-1100+
in the late 1980's (two 720 FDD's, no H/D, b & w LCD screen, weighed in at

a svelte 15 lbs.) -- which had been donated somewhere by the time 1990
rolled
around. It may be in the Smithsonian by now.

Another T-40 sale just ended on the IBM site, and this time I was in time
consider it, but I think I'm going to go with a small-form-factor desktop
instead,
for less than half the price, very well equipped. It can fit inside a gym
bag, which
is portable enough for me, and probably better suited to the usage I have
in mind.

But, *if* I had opted for a laptop, I probably would have bit the price
bullet and
gone with the T-40.

Jordan