Re: Xy4-Dosemu startup and quit tweaks -re partimage

Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:
just a side note -- after initial success with Partimage, I've discarded it in favor of Clonezilla. I managed to use Partimage to back up two partitions last week, but yesterday it crapped out, twice -- both times when it was 90% done backing up to the external hard drive. I had booted from am Ubuntu Rescue CD rather than the thumb drive, where it worked fine, which is perhaps the reason (?).
I usually run partimage from a usb drive (flash; or hd, both powered and unpowered) or an unmounted partition, and have never had an issue, so maybe it was related to the CD (?). Clonezilla is nice; I have an older version installed on a 256 MB thumbdrive. But I've taken to relying more on remastersys -- I figure that if my desktop hard drive fails, I'll probably need to reinstall to a new, nonidentical drive -- and I also have a couple persistent thumbdrives with dosemu/xy installed as a temporary solution in case of failure, so that I can work pretty much on any computer if need be.

Paul Lagasse