Re: caps lock keys

Thanks for the link. I will check that out.

As for MS's own Tweakui, I have found that when you play around with
their own accessories, you always manage to disturb something else. I'm
not a MS basher by any means, but what drives me batty about them is
their conception of what people want from their computers. Briefly, what
I mean is this: to really take advantage of MS stuff, you have to think
like they do. I don't think like they do. That' doesn't mean I'm right
and their wrong, or vice versa.

Cheers!

jxz wrote:

Leslie Bialler wrote:
Anybody know a freeware or shareway program that simply disables Windows hot keys?
Have you tried Tweakui? It's a Microsoft accessory which amongst other things enables you to reassign the Ctl, Alt, Shift, Caps Lock, Menu & Win keys, this independently for lh & rh keys. It lets you assign any of those to any of the others. (I use it to swap the Caps Lock & Alt keys.) On the face of it, you could reassign the Win key to Shift, say, which isn't exactly what you want but might be enough. (I haven't tried this, but it seems to me doable.) Alternatively, some text I came across on the net and haven't followed up: *KeyTweak You can change keys by clicking the one you want to remap on an onscreen keyboard, choosing its new function from a drop-down list, and selecting Remap Key. http://pcwnl.pcworld.com/t/115322/1153370/364700/0/ John PS If you go for Tweakui, make sure you get the one meant for your version of Windows.
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup