Re: Looking for XyWrite

On 11/25/98 at 09:16 PM,
  Russell Lewis  said (in so many words):

<- Actually, in both versions the "CI" command does a search and replace.
<- I don't know if XyWrite commands are supposed to mnemonic, but I
<- suppose the "C" would stand for change (sort of like "CC" for Change
<- Case.) Anyone know what the "I" stands for?
<-
<- You must use back-slashes as delimiters (like the Unix tool SED among
<- others.) So the syntax is:
<-
<-   CI /old_text/new_text/

All this is in the manual. CI is change invisible, meaning you don't get
to see the file flash by. CH is change and you do get to see. CV is
change with verify. The slashes are not a "must" at all; anything,
including a space, can be a delimiter.  Xy4 has switches for the se and
change commands. E.g., /t for from the top or /w for whole word.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Bad cooks...have delayed human development longest and impaired it most.
	--Nietzsche
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              David Auerbach
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103
Raleigh, 27695-8103