CIA /triangles/nothing???

XyWriters:

I've been fiddling with DeScribe/OS2, and find it similar to
XyWrite in the fact that it was clearly designed for writers, not
typists. But it's inept at producing E-mailable ascii files. So
I'm converting to XyWrite, and using TYF from there.

My problem: the DeScribe conversion filter produces a clean
XyWrite file, but absolutely filled with formatting triangles.
Every paragraph's indent has 8 or 9. What I'd like to do is
issue a single command and get rid of the whole sorry lot of
them.

Is this possible? I haven't used wild cards very much: can I do
somethig like CIA /≪wildcard≫//?

I haven't committed yet to moving over to DeScribe. At this point,
I suspect I'll continue using XyWrite for my routine copy, which
must be E-mailed, DeScribe for longer docs that will be printed.

It's not nearly as configurable as XyWrite. The speller is much better than
XyWrite's. Speed is very good. After years of XyWrite, I found
WordPerfect for Windows unusable; DeSCribe is usable, but I'm not
yet convinced it's good enough to replace XyWrite/Dos entirely.

jb