Re: XP/Vbox/Win 8.1

This sounds like a problem I mentioned previously re XP Mode in Win 7, where I could only see three files when calling a Dir -- all of them files pertaining to the virtual machine itself, rather than anything I actually wanted to find.  So far, I've not been able to get to the bottom of this.  It does seem to render having gotten the VM functional rather moot.

I'll have to confirm this the next time I get to work on that laptop, but I don't think the older Windows programs I got working in this VM suffered from this problem.

   Jordan

From: Bill Troop
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2013 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: XP/Vbox/Win 8.1

I still have a mystifying problem with XyWrite: I can't get any directories to display on the VBOX shared drives (which I have given letters g: and h:). Xy4 will call up files on the shared drives if I issue ca _filename, happening to know the filename. But it simply won't display a directory. If I go into DOS from XyWrite, the directories display as normal. Anyone got any ideas? (. . . can't wait for Windows 9!) - - B