Re: Nota Bene and OS/2 -Reply

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:27:08 -0400

> I downloaded the Nota Bene Demo program and eagerly installed the program
> under Windows NT 4 only to find that it could not register something called
> COMDLG16.OCX and another OCX file. Despite these ominous warnings the
> install completed and I attempted to start the program only to be greeted
> with a rather authoritive dialog box informing me that Windows NT 4 does
> not run 16 bit Windows programs.

Did it say it couldn't register, or did it say it "couldn't find (or couldn't
register)" the files? Because if the problem is that they don't exist (e.g.
VB40016.DLL, OC25.DLL, THREED16.OCX, COMDLG16.OCX, etc), then go look for them at
  http://solo.abac.com/dllarchive/
If they don't have what you're looking for, they have a search engine that will
find it. One by one, put the files that NB reports to be missing into the
\winnt\system32 directory (or another directory in the PATH), until NB loads. I
doubt that you need to register these files (it should happen automatically), but
if you do, use REGSVR16.EXE (I think it's called).

If you get the demo going, let us know. It should go.

NT v4.0 SP5-128bit; OS/2 v4.0 FP11

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx