Re: Making mode commands symmetrical (or should I say complementary?)

cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I should have said BXm,d, ,+,b,o,Q2 .

Yes, this does indeed work. Thanks. So I have at least two ways to skin
this cat (and I notice no difference in operation speed or convenience
between the two).

> For the U2 suggestions to work, you need to download the latest version.

Yes I assumed so, and one of these days I will. In fact, I wasn't being
quite honest: I did download it at one point and ran into some problems
with the installation. Since I had no pressing need for the added
features (if it ain't broke...) and no time to ask here, I simply went
back to my old version.

Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> Why wouldn't the lowest-tech solution be to define ctrl-B to put out the
>  then define, say, alt-Shift-B to put out the ?
> 48 is the key number of "B," so:

Because that would increase the number of required keystrokes. I simply
want to bold a defined string in one go.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx