typing in shorthand

from Morris Krok
 essence@xxxxxxxx

 Morris Krok

 Typing in Shorthand. Also for palm held computers.

 My previous e-mail revealed the shorthand file I use for XyWrite iii
version 3.57. The program included here will enable you to type in actual
shorthand. Before proceeding delete the shorthand file from Startup.int as
it will be loaded with the program that is going to expand the shortforms.
Type the shortform for words you know and the actual word if you do not know
the abbreviation for it. The space bar can be used to separate the words,
but they can also be separated by "/". The first character that should be
typed is "#". A sentence can look like this:

#t/ti/z/ripe/f/all/v/us/to/gt/dw/to/serious/thinking.hwev/excellent/rz/l/bv/
yu/reward.

 In this instance I used the forward slash as a separator because if I used
the space bar it would have expanded these shortforms as my Startup.int file
automatically loaded the shorthand file; but if this file had not been
loaded, pressing the space bar would not have expanded the shortform.

 Typing in shorthand can be used on the pocket computers such as Psion or
those one's running Microsoft CE program. After being typed in these palm
tops the file must be transferred to the desktop or notebook. Once this file
is called up by XyWrite or you typed it directly into XyWrite, it will be
expanded by pressing the appropriate alt key as follows:

 "The time is ripe for all of us to get down to serious thinking. However,
excellent results will be your reward."

 the program that expands it is as follows:

BC load shthand.splXC BC GT

NW CL AR CR BC se .WA .

CH
BC uc
NW NS BC se .WA .
>RC
CL
NW CL AR CR BC se .WA .

CH GT

 Note the expanding code is found on the lines beginning with lbnext and
lbagn. The expansion process is repeated to ensure that no shortform remains
unexpanded.
1