Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

Rene v. Rentzell wrote:

> >Anyway, the problem (I consider it a problem at this juncture)
> >has been identified. One fix that comes to my mind (a la
> >Windows) is switching to Word for Windows.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Bob
>
> That is a fix???

  Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if it mightn't be -- or rather if
WP mightn't be. I got a call this afternoon to help someone with WP 6.1,
setting up labels. They couldn't figure out how to do it, and I had no
clue, but just looked in the help, and when I discovered how incredibly
simple it actually was --- my god! Not only easy, but rather sort of
fun! Every label on the market right there to choose from by name and
mumber -- or by size. I was used to doing it as a merge, not so, just
choose your label and call up your text file of names and addresses.
Automagic sizing for everything from line spacing to fonts to you name
it. XY is going to have to go a long, long way to top that.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you