EURO QUOTES

XY-> Leslie wrote:
 -> "You can't insert 174/175s as Euroquotes. XyWrite has
always reserved thos
 -> for enclosing commands."

XY-> Doug Beeson:

XY-> Thank you for the suggestions, folks, but I'm confused here. I use the
 -> NI,R1,R7,R4 (R5) sequence already to enter my Euroqotes and it works just
 -> peachy. My question really is what is the difference between the character
 -> which emerges when I use R1,R7,R4 (which I have mapped to Ctrl-Shift-comma)
 -> and the embedded command character of Ctrl-comma? They look the same in
 -> expanded view but obviously don't react the same in the file. So what is th
 -> internal representation? ASCII 174 for one, but what about the other? And
 -> which is which?

XY-> I actually think someone may have answered this in the thread of replies but
 -> I didn't quite catch it.

I often wonder about the difference too: between the ASCII
representation and the XyWrite code. However, I have been in
situations in which things "jump" and what may one moment be
ASCII turn into code. It's never happened in the reverse, though.

Made it murder to print out program samples. I wound up changing
program 174s and 175s to otherwise unused symbols and then
translated them into the ASCII 174s and 175s via a printer table
setting.

Perhaps Xy is more stable now.

--Chet
---