Re: Generating PDFs from XY 3.54

Marc

You can generate PDF files free of charge from a XyWrite 3 postscript printer driver print-to-file using GhostView as a graphic front end to Ghostscript (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm). The system is integrated into Robert and Carl's wonderful XyWWWeb.U2 for Xy4.

You simply open the PS file in GhostView and then convert it to PDF. Your printer person should in
fact be able to covert the PS file to PDF but you wouldn't be able to see the final product before
you send it off. Viewing it in GhostView yourself would give you more final control.

All the study material here at the University of South African is now printed from PDF files based
on PS print-to-files, however, it is converted using full-blown Adobe Acrobat which is definitely
not free.

Regards
Jon Inggs

  Jon Inggs                           Telephone: (012) 429-4464
  Economics Dept                      Fax:      (012) 429-3433
  PO Box 392
  UNISA
  0003

>>>  2004/06/29 01:12:20 >>>
Hello

Does anyone have any idea how (or with what) I can create PDF files from XYWrite
3.54.
Our printer has told us that if we can deliver our material to him in this
format it will greatly reduce our costs. At the moment we deliver
'Printer-ready' copy (A5 pages printed one up, single sided on A4) which they
then have to scan and then layup for printing.

Any and all ideas most appreciated, thanks.

Marc

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Internet Mail.
Outbound Mail Scanner