Re: Xy4 In OS/2

CD> "I run 2.1 successfully in only 8 Meg of RAM (actually 7, since CD> I
create a 1-Meg RAMdrive)."

Presumably your Ram-disk is available to each OS/2 session/window? What do you
use to do this? I've been using the PCKWIK PowerPak Cache/Ramdisk in concert
with DOS & DesqView '386 for quite some time, and -- since I really like
having a RamDisk to use as a temporary "desktop" -- was concerned re how this
might be carried over when I switch to OS/2 later in the year.

In some cases, an OS/2-specific product may be necessary. From someone on a
board, I learned that 4DOS (which I used before moving to the closely derived
NDOS Command Processor) has a version for OS/2. And Herb Tyson gave me some
info about disk defragmentizing under OS/2 (not a problem, if I recall
correctly), and H/D Backup issues. (He uses PKZIP for OS/2, which I think
would be an awkward and cumbersome way to go about it. I may have to go back
to FAST- BACK, which I used to use before switching to Norton Backup, since
they do have an OS/2 version.)

CD> "Setting VIDEO_MODE_RESTRICTION to CGA frees up memory."

WHAT?!? Does this mean I have to work in CGA mode, or did you just phrase that
inelegantly?