Re: XPL questions

Carl wrote:
It has to be a SUbroutine. > merely grabs the "argument
insert", i.e., the argument supplied on the CMline when the program
was launched with the RUN command. Here, we want something
different: the *current* contents of the CMline.

Yes, the user-typed string, I see.
The current CMline
is pushed into S/G 00 whenever *any* SUbroutine is executed. (Good
to know.)

Yes, I sure didn't know that executing a subroutine even involved 00.
Hence, the SUb.

In some circumstances -- specifically, in U2 frames, before any
child routine is invoked -- you can use > to capture
the current CMline. After a child process has launched, however,
 gets flaky. The SUbroutine method is dead reliable.

Got it. Thanks.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx