Re: RX Function Call

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Thu, 27 Feb 97 20:56:31 +0000

> At 11:26 AM 2/27/97 EST, you wrote:
> >Well, I couldn't resist the XPL challenge. Actually, this may have been
> >done before: use wildcards + func EN to emulate (and enhance) the native
> >SEarch-across-files. Lets you stop anywhere in the search, and preserves
> >cursor location. SuperSEarch a/k/a SSE.PM (UUcode below).

> Good idea, Carl. Thanks. A bug: cursor doesn't end up where it should end
> up, but about a line or a line and a half later. Haven't had time to check
> your code. Could it be the issue of whether one is in XP mode or not (I work
> in WG draft mode).

Harry: I noticed a couple of bugs myself, but not that one. SSE works
exclusively in eXPanded view, and does not change your default view.
Nor does it move the cursor from its pre-runtime position before
executing the SEarch. So it should end up where it began (assuming you
cycle through all files without Stopping). The behavior you describe
is akin to Page-Line view errata which have been described at length
here. Are you sure you weren't in P-L view?

Anyway, I (quickly) fixed a couple of other bugs. Lemme know.

begin 644 SSE.PM
MKD=,8:^N3E0@6S$Y.3WLU+$AE;'`T4U-%
M*GU]($AE;'`@9F]R(%-312Y030T*`JY35C`Q+*Y&3*^N3$TR1$FOKE)--SA$
M2:\-"@T*4W5P97)316%R8V@@*%-312Y032D@+2T@0RY,+D1I5=R:71E(#1\6'E7'0@86-R;W-S(&9I;&5S.R!L96%V92!C=7)S;W(@
M870@;&%S=`T*;V-C=7)R96YC92!O9B!T:&4@'0O8V%R9&EO+SQC3X-"B`@("`@("`@("`@("`@
M(%-312!D.EPJ+F1O8R]W87)R96XO/$AE;'!K97D^#0H-"B`@53(@=7-A9V4@
M<&5R;6ET3X-"B`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(%-312]7("HN='AT+6%L:65N+3Q(
M96QP:V5Y/@T*#0JN1D.O#0I&;W(@=7-E(&)Y(%)%3E5-0D52+E!-.@T*1&5F
M875L="!3879E+T=E="!R86YG92`](#`Q+3`U#0I296YU;6)EVU]?0T*#0I[>S5S