Re: Installing Xy DOS from orig. disks

J R FOX wrote:
I may have come in late on this, or wasn't paying good
attention, but why do you need the original disks ? Isn't everything that might be needed available at
Bryan's site ?
The problem (it's a problem for a fuss-budget like me) is that both
Bry's site and the VetusWare installation have a whole lot of files.
As does my own one, which has been copied from PC to PC for the past
10 years or so. I am trying to get a clean, out-of-the-box setup
against which I can compare the others to see what was original and
what has been added on over time.
Every so often, we've had people write the list in a panic when their
hard drive failed without the Xy installation's having been backed up.
Or people are returning to Xy after some years away; they have the
disks, but no installed setup. So I thought finding a way to get an
installation from floppy would be useful. But I should have known
floppies wouldn't last that long.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx