RE: Pre-Xy

OK, Juno's mail reader only minimally displays formatting, but when I
Save message as text file (which I always do to have a readily searchable
archive of my own), I get some oddities that may supply evidence to
solving this mystery. Robert's, Carl's, Jordan's and my own posts come
back as plain text. Almost all the others come back with this heading:
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.≫

Then one gets the message in plain text, followed by the same message,
all gussied up with HTML code. Furthermore, most of any messages quoted
in the post in question get gussied up too (Not Carl's, Robert's, or
mine, but Jordan's did).
	Would my ENcoding all these beginnings and endings and sending them
along that way be helpful?
	And while we're on the subject, do all these mail readers compel one to
copy the whole text of the message? Because when A sends a post, B
replies to A, C replies to B, and so through 5 or 6 iterations, EVERY one
of the posts in the chain gets repeated (complete with HTML code), which
makes for bulky transmissions and tedious reading.
Patricia