Fwd: Re: XyWrite history? (fwd)

This refers to an old message from Joseph Fisher, excerpted below, about the
history of xyWrite. I have
one answer for him. The "+" in "XyWrite III+" referred specifically to the
addition of the "A la carte" menus. Of course, there were other changes
that earlier participants in this discussion mentioned, but the menus
"added" an alternative to the command-line interface.

Cheers,
Carlo

> Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:24:02 -0400
> From: Joseph Fisher
> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: XyWrite history?
>
> I am a history buff, including computer history - Beginning my own
> journey with the PC in 1986, I am amazed at the progression and yes
> regression of system & software technology. For some odd reason I
> find the history of word processing software especially intriguing.

[...]
> 1989? release of XyWrite III+ (what made it "+"?)

Carlo Caballero
Stanford Humanities Center
424 Santa Teresa St
Stanford, CA 94305 USA