Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Hmmm. I get "conversion failed." Looking at the U2 code, I can only see that there was an error. VA/NV WW shows that I do, in fact, have the right directory, and I do have all the right filters, per the instructions in the U2 .INF file. I see a file named "SA!RTF.06" in the XY directory (.06 was the extension of the file from which I DeFined a selection).

Any ideas?
Did you have an available window? Did you specify, with a fully qualified path name, a target file? e.g., SA/RTF e:xyinfo\2006\06nov.rtf? When I do that, it works. After I corrected the Xy Registry to tell it XyShell is not installed, which I had idiotically neglected to do. But up popped Supply Data (or some such message) with the cursor right at the place in the Registry. Really neat error trapping!
You don't have to specify a target file, but then the resulting file
should have a name based on the formats; e.g. xy2rtf.rtf, in
editor.exe's directory. Do you have any odd codes in the Xy file that
require /NV, to force assumption that source file is Xy?
Also see what the helpfile (help SA/RTF ) says about XyShell.
How big was the file? Is XyShell installed, and does the Xy Registry
record that fact? If you try to do a very big file without XyShell
(which apparently just won't work under 9x, but that's irrelevant for
you, no?), you can get OOM.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx