Re: Win 7 64 Bit

>Still, XY in DOSBox does just about everything I need (thesaurus, etc.) except Carl's invaluable CLIP.exe program for exchanging info between XY and the Windows clipboard. However, I did find this one-way program that pastes from the Windows Clipboard INTO XY with the PAUSE key (apparently not a customizable choice).
>For pasting XY to Windows I open the XY file in, sigh, Notepad, and cut-and-paste.

There is a simple solution to clipboard problems when using a virtual machine that can access a host
partition through a shared folder.

Prerequisites for this solution:

1) EditPad Lite on the host machine with an Ascii file type, I have .TXB, but it could be .XY or
whatever. Encoding set to code page 437 for this file type. This ensures that what I type in EditPad
shows correctly in Xy (e.g. ö, ä, é etc.).

2) A dedicated window for clipboard input in Xy with single-key keyboard assignments to call a scrap
file to it. I have input.txb. Or a "ME input.txb" key assignment if you just want to
insert the clipboard contents into a file.

3) Xy and EditPad Lite running simultaneously. Clipboard input into Xy is refreshed by recalling
input.txb, and the other way round the process is automatic as the EditPad Lite file is refreshed
automatically when you invoke the program.

Works without a hitch and makes for an editable clipboard both ways.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx