Re: Define

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Sun, 18 Jan
2004 21:13:31 -0500

> So I thought maybe it had something to do with that
> unfamiliar function call (&X,Q,L). I tried simply changing L to LL but that
> failed.

Bound to fail. It's not the way NBMAIN-X.AUX works -- take a look at it. This
&X,Q,L assignment runs a little program. Replace the whole "nn=&X,Q,L" with
simple "nn=LL". Funcs LL and LR work, but only outside of Graphics mode --
which is, in fact, identical to their behavior in Xy4-DOS (and the main reason
I only use them in programming, where I control the MoDe). Can't think of any
reason they would disable those functions, though -- what for? I'll wager that
they still work (they certainly do in v6.1.1).

You gotta remember that your NB install opens documents by default in Graphics
mode. I'll bet you didn't open Xy4 documents in Graphics mode. No way!
There's a world of difference...

Now, I open NB documents in eXPanded mode, just like I do Xy4 documents. Same
old same old. My NB installation runs almost identically to my Xy4
installation.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx