Re: PostGhost PRN Files (and how to alter point size in Xy3+)

Reply to message from Robert Holmgren  on Sun, 6 Feb
2005 10:53:50 -0500

≪major typographers, URW of Germany and Bitstream -- and that
professionalism shows. But, of course, you can add any of your own Type
1 fonts (as long as you know how to create WiDth tables!≫

Indeed. I found a nice collection of Ps fonts that I had gotten long ago
(TrueType & PS in the same package), which includes several URW ones,
along with a Garamond based on the 16th-century original. Your width
Table routine worked very nicely on them. So did the routines (don't have
Xy open right now, so I forget the names, but the ones referenced in the
template driver) for inserting fonts in a postscript .PRN file. I still
have to figure out how to get PostGhost to recognize them (don't tell me,
I'll find it in the man pages; just haven't had time [database disasters
and printers running out of ink, which is why I haven't gotten back with
some time points on TYP over USB]).

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx