Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

I have now discovered reproducible circumstances where searches cause
unbidden switchover to page-line mode. So far reproducibility depends on
starting with a freshly called document that has had no other operations
performed yet. The document I am using has 250 pages of text followed by
"The End" then followed by appendox information including column tables.
    Situation 1) Stay in draft mode, or go into expanded mode. Then
search for a word that is not contained in the document. After saying
"cannot find item" will switch into page-line mode.
    Situation 2) Stay in draft mode. Then search absolute for /The
End/. After finding, it switches into page-line mode. However:
    Situation 3) Switch into expanded mode. Then search absolute for
/The End/. After finding, stays in expanded mode.
    I am convinced that I have encountered other circumstances long
after having called a document where searches have induced switchovers.  Jim.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
...............  New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx