Re: F5--and everything went black...

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:15:42 -0400

>>> If you
>>>want to launch something extra (like Tame), you go into the
>>>Shortcut Properties ==> General ==> Advanced, and you create a
>>>special AUTOEXEC.NT (name it AUTOXY.NT or something) that
>>>launches programs in this session only. And Finito.

>>Ah. Something new (to me at least) all the time. Much cleaner
than a .bat.
>>Thanks.

> As a Tame user, you don't need that. You should have the call to Tame at
> the bottom of your AUTOEXEC.NT. Then all you need in your shortcut is:
>
> [full path]\editor.exe /e4000
> and specify the working directory.
>
> No need for regular Tame users to have two AUTOEXECs.

You assume, 1) that the ONLY util or environmental variable or
anything that anybody would want to use with a DOS app is Tame,
and 2) that user wants to use Tame with EVERY DOS or 16-bit app,
i.e. every app that calls AUTOEXEC before launching. But I
think you need a reason to use Tame. It isn't a panacea for all
ills, and it sucks up resources. It generates all sorts of
anomalies. I see no reason to use Tame if you don't need it for
a specific reason, such as its primary purpose (to prevent CPU
hogging).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx