Re: NB8 Trial version (CM Prompt)

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Sat, 15 Apr 2006
21:48:32 -0400

> Harry asked how to change the font on NB8's command line.

> Tools-->Preferences-->Cursor-->Set-->Codes and Command Line-->Set Font.

Or:

DMFONT

>> NB has it's own DLG, and if you want to use U2 with NB,
>> you MUST move one frame from Xy4's DLG file to NB's DLG file
>> (just edit with XyWrite, and locate the frame near TOF):
>> frame {{5$S,$E}}.

> I did not see this in README.HTM (but did it anyway).

I misspoke. I meant "if you want to use *Stack* with NB,..."

> In general, XPL runs about one-tenth normal speed.

Only in eXPanded view (and certain things, like ENCODE, need to be run in
eXPanded). In Graphic, its fast -- VERY fast.

> the font in the Prompt line... and in the CU[A] menu...
> I think... is a windows setting, trans-application

The CUA menu, yes; the PRompt line, no. I patched NBEDITOR and replaced all
the "Times new roman" strings, and got a different font, although not what I
replaced TNR with ("Courier new{space}{space}{space}". I don't pay enough
attention to fonts to know what I'm looking at. Arial maybe...)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx