Re: Typing allergy

Carl Distefano wrote:

> ajx wrote:
> > I meant: for the purpose of copying defined text to the cmd
> > line, use any variable from 0 - 9.
>
> Same objection. Why not simply (with text DeFined) BC ? Why
> burden memory with the contents of the DF block after the program ends (which
> is what 0-9|A-Z|100-1999 do)? It's unnecessary.

Because  doesn't work. It either gives the error
"need id & expression" or it copies the content of
the saveget holding the *code* into the text. It's 3.55
remember.

If memory's a problem, one can empty the variable
at the end of the code.
Yesterday I moved over 30k from one file to another
(unaware it was that much). That overwrote resident
variables - but the move worked, and gave no error
message.
John