From: "Carl Distefano"
To: "XyWrite List"
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 12:16 AM
Subject: Re: file size limitations/out of memory error msg

Reply to note from "Ig"  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 03:48:51
-0300

> The only way I know is tho do a sub-rut finding all the
> situations you find 8caracters or spaces, space and another 1,2
> or 3 caracters, go ther, put another space and repeat it until
> the las occurrence is done, but just for big dirs ... will take
> a long!

That's what I thought, too, Francisco. It would take too long.
But, you know, I just tried a procedure like the one you describe on
a directory with 900+ files, and it was quite speedy. So I've
adopted it (see BIGDIR.PM, attached).

Lest there be any perplexity: Copy BIGDIR.PM to your XyWrite
program directory (the one that contains EDITOR.EXE), or to any
directory you choose. Launch XyWrite. CAll BIGDIR.PM (in
XyWrite!). Usage instructions are at the top of the file.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx