Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Sat, 23
Jul 2005 12:38:14 -0400

> On one it runs, on one it locks up, and on all the rest it crashes with
> an "Illegal operation: tried to execute an invalid instruction" (or, in
> one case, "General Protection exception").

Aargh! I just tested on Win98SE v4.10.2222A, Win2K SP4, and WinXP SP2. Worked
fine on all of them. The Win98 box has a 1999 Dell BIOS. Don't have a Win95
installation here (have one elsewhere, accessible in October).

What can I say? Send me the keyboard file from one of the misbehaving
machines... Do you update your BIOSes regularly? Go to manufacturer's website
and get the latest.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx