Re need a new printer, but how to configure?

Harry wrote: "For users, like me, who do not put a lot of iffy formatting
in their Xy files"
For those of us who DO heavily format our files, I use one of two
solutions:
1. I use XyWin almost solely as a printing engine, and therby avoid most
of the flakiness with which that program is plagued. 	I do all my editing
and writing in XyDOS, making use of UseStyles to set all formatting
except for UseFace. Then I pull the file up in XyWin, chose my font and
paste the UF command in in front of all the SS commands. It thereby
becomes the default face, and any changes of style (bold, ital) or size
in SS commands refer to it. (Of course, I never use more than one FACE in
a document. If you like to have your headings in one face and your text
in another, things get a tad more complicated.)
2. Print to a file, using any Postscript driver, then run the resulting
file, which must have a .ps extension, through PDF Creator (there are
other such apps; this one is cheap and works well), then print the
resulting PDF. This takes an additional stage from the XyWin method, but
gives you a file you can share with those so benighted as never to have
heard of XyWrite.
Patricia