Re: Off-Topic -- Apparently intractable problem FIXED!

Our uncrossed Jordan sayeth:

> Assuming I'm right about the origin of this utility in XP (and I'm fairly
> sure that a CONFIGSAFE lite was included with Win-2K, so this could well be
> the same item), it has been judged superior to and more convenient than
> Goback, per reviewers and user reports.

Thanks. I've used Goback several times, and while it does the job, it is a tad
clunky to use. When it finishes doing what it does, it always restarts the
computer (expectable) and then that message appears "you didn't shut down
properly, nyah nyah nyah" comes up and you must scan your disk 'ere you can
proceed to the opening musical chord.

Goback, however, will get back a prior version of a resaved file. Does
CONFIGSAFE do that?

> Goback carries a high resource load
> -- specifically, *lots* of hard-drive space. From what I understand, it

"It" meaning GOBACK or CONFIGSAFE?

> does back up a great deal more than the Registry, though. The system
> snapshots Configsafe makes can readily be exported to external storage, at
> least in the full version of the product.

Now that is usual!

> If you're going to be running Win, and the health of your operating system
> is crucial to your work, you really need a utility like this.

Thanks again!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)