Re: Saving to USB drives from VDOS

Dear Carl
Yes, I have tried the USE statement but I need to swap USB flash drives while working so the alternative you have provided is much better for me.

Paul

On 29/05/2016 23:30, Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from "Paul Breeze"
(Redacted sender "paul.breeze" for DMARC) Mon, 09 May 2016 18:55:45
+0100

Paul,

Yes, that seems to do exactly what is required, thanks.

An alternative approach, which you may find simpler, is to add a USE
statement to AUTOEXEC.TXT for the USB flash drive letter:

USE d: d:\

If the flash drive is mounted when you start vDos-lfn, it will become a
valid drive in XyWrite; if not, it won't. If it's a valid drive, then
you can SAve to it with SA d:, and CAll the flash-drive copy of a file
with CA d:filename -- native XyWrite commands.

The only downside is that if the flash drive was not mounted when you
started vDos, you'll get an "Invalid drive" error. If this happens,
it's easy enough to restart XyWrite with the flash drive installed.